Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
In addition to the above obligations OTC Building Supplies Pty Ltd (ABN 47 115 718 628) (OTC Tiles & Bathroom), as the importer or manufacturer of the relevant product, offers the warranties in this Warranty Card subject to the terms and conditions set out in this Warranty Card.
The warranties in this Warranty Card are personal to the person who acquires the product from the relevant retailer for their own consumption or use and not for resale or resupply (the consumer) and claims under this Warranty Card cannot be made by anyone other than the consumer.
Where a product is covered by a parts and labour warranty, the warranty covers both the repair of the defective part or the provision of a spare part to replace the defective part and the installation of that part.
Where a product is covered by a parts only warranty, the warranty covers only the repair of the defective part or the provision of a spare part to replace the defective part and does not include the removal of the defective part or the installation of the repaired or replaced part.
1. Warranty Periods: Residential
Subject to the exclusions in section 3, OTC warrants that the below products which are provided for any consumers who use the products manufactured by OTC in any residential home will be free from defects of materials or workmanship for the periods specified below (with each of the below periods commencing on the date of purchase or, for new buildings, the date of handover).
2. Warranty Periods: Commercial
Subject to the exclusions in section 3, OTC warrants that the below products which are provided for any consumers who use the products manufactured by OTC other than in a residential home (for example hotels, aged care facilities, hospitals, schools, factories, motels) will be free from defects of materials or workmanship for the periods specified below (with each of the below periods commencing on the date of purchase).
3. Warranty Exclusions
Subject always to any overriding obligation pursuant to the Australian Consumer Law, the above warranties shall not apply where:
• the consumer is not able to provide proof of purchase or equivalent documentation which confirms that the relevant product was purchased from a OTC.
• the relevant products are not installed by a licensed plumber and in accordance with the manufacturer’s installation instructions.
• the relevant product requires repairs due to damage resulting from accident, misuse (including use for incorrect applications), incorrect installation, cleaning or maintenance, unauthorised modification, tampering or unauthorised repairs by any persons, use of defective or incompatible accessories or exposure to abnormally corrosive conditions, adhesives or sealants;
• the product is not a product which was manufactured or imported by OTC or was not purchased in Australia as a brand new product;
• the product is not the product to which this Warranty Card was attached or supplied with;
• the defective part relates to a consumable part of the OTC product which require routine replacement;
• the products are not to relevant National Standards and State Regulations;
• the relevant products are exposed to environmental elements;
• services or repairs with non-standard replacement parts have been previously undertaken without OTC’s written approval;
• damage to finishes which arise from installation or post installation use; and
• failure to observe manufacturers care and cleaning instructions as set out below in section 7.
Any work carried out in relation to a warranty claim is limited to the pre-approved scope of work. Additional work will require authorization from OTC’s Services Departments.
4.How to make a claim
Consumers may make a claim under a warranty in this Warranty Card by contacting OTC on +61 2 9740 3398 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To make a valid claim under a warranty in this Warranty Card, a consumer must:
• lodge the claim with us as soon as possible and no later than 10 Business Days after they first become aware of the breakdown;
• provide reasonable proof of purchase;
• provide details relating to the proposed warranty claim.
Claims will be processed through OTC’s Customer Service.
If a consumer makes a valid claim under a warranty in this Warranty Card and none of the exclusions set out in section 3 apply, OTC will, at its election, either:
• repair the relevant part of the product; or
• replace the relevant part of the product with a product of identical specification (or where the product is superseded or no longer in stock, with a product of as close a specification as possible).
Products presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished products of the same type rather than being repaired. Refurbished parts may be used to repair the products.
OTC will not be liable for any claims for labour, additional products or parts associated with alleged faulty product for work not approved in advance by OTC in writing.
OTC requires adequate access to products, fittings and fixtures to undertake warranty repairs. OTC will not be responsible for any damage or costs (including any consequential damage or costs) where adequate access to product fittings and fixtures is not accessible.
6. Costs of warranty claim
Should any warranty claim be made and, in the opinion of OTC or a OTC authorized Service Agent the problem was from faulty installation or use of the products in conjunction with products of another manufacturer or from some other cause other than a manufacturing defect to the products for which OTC is responsible, OTC has the right to charge a service fee for each service staff attending the consumer’s premise where products have been installed.
7. Care and Cleaning Instructions
• Under no circumstances should tapware be installed using acetone silicones.
• Never use harsh detergents, citrus based cleaners or abrasive cleaners, on any products as these will scratch the surface.
• Where your tapware remains dry in use, a soft cloth can be used to remove surface dust. Alternatively, a wipe over with warm soapy water is all that is required to maintain the finish in perfect condition for a lifetime of use.
• Use of wax based furniture cream should be avoided as these can result in a build-up of deposits, which could detract from the appearance.
• Do not use undue pressure when wiping.
8. Person giving the Warranties
The person who gives the express warranties in this warranty card is:
Name: OTC Building Supplies Pty Ltd (ABN 47 115 718 628)
Address: 1214-1224 Canterbury Rd, Roselands 2196 NSW Australia
Telephone: +61 2 9740 3398
Facsimile: +61 2 9740 3301
Note: OTC reserves the right to alter, or amend this warranty offer in writing at any time.